Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

What's taking so long?

Well, needless to say, I haven't posted in a while. At the time of my last post, I was optimistic that things were going to get moving with my adoption, and I would have more good things to say. As you can see, that hasn't happened.
Currently I am waiting on the "golden ticket" - USCIS approval. I sent everything in several months ago, and I got in return the dreaded "request for more info" letter. That's not a bad thing, because I had all of the info they needed, but this really slows the process down. And to complicate things more, the officer I had at USCIS is now gone for an indefinite amount of time, and someone else took over his cases. So I don't know what that means. And of course they can't tell me anything, because it must be a big secret (cause we all know that I'm not familiar with gov't agencies at all). All I can tell so far is that my other officer used to answer his phone right away (well, the 2 or 3 times I called, anyhow), and I haven't been able to reach this new one yet. Ugh. I hope that is not indicative of things to come.
I'm at the point where I'm pretty tired of waiting, and this whole process seems like a far away idea in my mind. So, I kind of put it out of my mind, so I don't have to count each day that I am waiting for my kids to come home (not the best coping tool, I'm sure). But once I get that approval, I can send my dossier off to their country. Oh, how I am counting down for that day. ANYTHING to get moving forward...
I will keep you updated on what is happening, but in the meantime, I will continue to post a little about something else that is very close to my heart.  I will be posting about a "blogging trip" that will be happening at the end of May. I hope you'll stop by and read about it!
Oh, and I'm already a bad mom....I had this whole post about Sofia's birthday, but didn't post on Sam's birthday!! (horrible, I know! I didn't forget his birthday of course, but didn't post about it.) Well, on May 2nd, my little guy turned 6! He has sure come a long way. I can't wait to get him home and love on him a lot!






I love you my cute little man and warrior for the Lord! I hope to travel and meet you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment